Significators or Karakas for Houses in a Birth Chart
- First House – Karaka – Sun: The first house represents the native’s own self, body, mind and physique.
- Second House – Karaka – Jupiter: The second house represents the native’s resources, family, family values/assets, speech, mouth, et al.
- Third House – Karaka – Mars: The third house signifies the younger siblings, courage, efforts, performance, performing arts, short-distance travel, traveling abroad, journalism, TV media, communication, social media/Internet, et al.
- Fourth House – Karaka – Moon, Mercury: The fourth house stands for mother, mother’s nurturing, nourishment, healing, home, homeland, land, immovable properties, vehicles, properties, comforts, happiness, et al.
- Fifth House – Karaka – Jupiter: The fifth house shows the native’s children, progeny, procreation, creativity, knowledge, intelligence, fine arts, sports, expression of thoughts, recognition, gambling/stock trading/market, politics, et al.
- Sixth House – Karaka – Mars, Saturn: The sixth house brings obstacles, competition, litigation, debts, health issues, hardships, maternal uncles, et al.
- Seventh House – Karaka – Venus: The seventh house deals with spouse, partner, business partnerships, other people, market place, et al.
- Eighth House – Karaka – Saturn: The eighth house brings about sudden ups and downs in life, inheritance, insurance, longevity of life, surgeries, transformation of the soul, diseases, death-like situations, occult, mysticism, in-laws, et al
- Ninth House – Karaka – Sun, Jupiter: The ninth house is that of the father, gurus, teacher, higher knowledge, dharma, religion, spiritual knowledge, luck, blessings of God, et al.
- Tenth House – Karaka – Sun, Saturn, Mercury, Jupiter: The tenth house is of karma, profession, career, job, social status, colleagues, father, authority, government, et al.
- Eleventh House – Karaka – Jupiter: The eleventh is that of gains, earnings, income, large organizations, large network of friends, elder siblings, et al.
- Twelfth House – Karaka – Saturn: The twelfth house signifies far-off foreign lands, loss, charity, isolation, spirituality, bed comforts, hospitalizations, et al.
Bullie & Baarbie